The Bylaws of the United States Soccer Federation, Inc., Subpart E–Miscellaneous, Bylaw 544, “Historian,” state: “The National Soccer Hall of Fame, including its committees and the Society for American Soccer History, shall be designated as historian to collect information and assemble memorabilia related to soccer.”
Founded in 1993 by American soccer historian Sam T.N. Foulds, the Society for American Soccer History (SASH) works to promote, facilitate, and disseminate research into the rich history of soccer in the United States.
The Society for American Soccer History was founded in 1993 by American soccer historian Sam T.N. Foulds.
Mission Statement of the Society for American Soccer History
To stimulate, promote, and coordinate interest in the historical study of soccer in the United States.
To advance scholarship in the study and teaching of various aspects of soccer history.
The Society will seek to achieve these aims by
- Developing and advancing the research and teaching of the history of soccer in the United States.
- Publishing literature and disseminating information by such means as conferences, exhibitions, tours, and courses.
- Providing a forum for the discussion of new approaches, ideas, and information.
- Encouraging and assisting in the preservation and cataloging of historical records.
- Developing links with national and international bodies with like aims and objectives.